Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rorschach's Journal, April 15th, 2009

Rorschach's Journal, April 15th, 2009 1:35 pm

Tax day. Thought of the freedom from taxes is mixed with me. On one hand, I want to do what's right for my country. On the other, I'm presumed dead and haven't been contacted in years. How can I explain that I've spent my life in limbo from the mid 1980s to 2000?

So no taxes for me. Have been keeping up in New Frontiersman on the Nationwide Tax Day Tea Parties. Citizens exercising their free speech. An American tradition, however got angry at the thought that many will literally dump tea into their local rivers and other bodies of water. How will this protest by pollution solve anything?

Managed to live through the Easter holiday. Local soup kitchen offered a few surprises. Ended up with a few very welcome Easter candies. Reeses' Peanut butter egg and jelly beans. Two favorites. Did manage to pop into a church for a brief time. Thought about going to visit the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, but thought better of it. Difficult to get to without spending money.

James has recovered in the week since my last journal entry. Back to his usual antics. This morning he spent time sitting on my shoulder as I dressed for "work". He is growing. Still gentle and affectionate, however. He is comforting.

Left apartment for the day, wandered for a while through my usual route. My route takes me from my location all the way to the National Mall and around to my favorite news stand as well as to the library. Haven't been to library in a few days. Resisting urge to constantly check email. Nothing yet, however, hoping to hear something soon. Shari has been notifying me of her progress. Usually through very wordy emails. I skim.

After purchasing my usual papers, walked into library. Rude assistant Todd long gone, mercifully.

Left my signs with Miss Dorian after exchanging niceties. She has been a pleasant person to deal with. Nice, after so many years of dealing with nothing but child molesters and drug addicts.

"You're early today Mr. K." She said as she took my sign. I sign the register book.

"Yes, got an earlier start today. Wanted to browse the library for a good book."

"Oh, anything I can help you find?" She said, sounding a little surprised.

"No just want to browse. Perhaps look at the periodicals." I hadn't told her I had no intentions of checking anything out. To do that would require personal information for a library card and I wasn't prepared to divulge any of that. I would read there for a while.


Approached my usual computer station and sat. I was starting to gain some skill at signing on and using internet browsers. It took no time at all to check on my email.

Spam had found me. At first I wondered who these people were and how did they know me, but then realized it was a mass junk email. Spent a few moments deleting emails.

Another letter from Shari. Didn't say much other than getting her hair cut and that the estate was starting to get settled.

Another email caught my eye. From DDStrigidae@yahoo.com. Subject: Hoot hoot.

Quickly opened the message.

"Is that human bean juice?" Was the message in reference to my email address of WKBeanjuice@yahoo.com. The message continued, "Rors, is that you? It's Dan."

These comments would be meaningless to others, but meaningful to us. For a moment I felt my stomach lurch. Finally, my long lost friend. And suddenly felt like I was at a loss as to what to say. I replied, "Yes, it is I. Been looking for you, Daniel. Wondering if you were still alive and well in California."

Left it simple, just in case the police had caught on.

Sat at computer, read over his email a few more times before clicking away and researching something more on the Tea Parties for the day. Reports of people dumping tea in Boston Harbor.

Signed off of the computer and wandered the library a while, found some books on Dante and browsed through them. Interesting man in interesting times. Misunderstood. I could identify. Sat and read excerpts from The Inferno, before deciding to leave for the day.

Needed to purchase food for the cat, check the usual trash cans and read my own purchased papers. Thought about Daniel. Was he still with that woman? Did his kids grow up right and not delinquents.

Wondered how he'd feel if I went to visit. Wondered how I'D feel if I went to visit.

Continued to look for crime along my route. Nothing notable today. Too misty and wet.

For now Rorschach

4 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you!

    I attended a Tea Party today with a friend. We were going to the one in Houston, but since she had a doctor’s appointment and lives closer to Sugarland, I went to meet her out there for the Fort Bend Tea Party. It was probably a safer choice, too. We didn’t dump anything in the water (I think dumping tea like that is silly too--even if it's loose-leaf, it's wasting money and good tea), but we listened to some people who gave speeches. A news helicopter flew overhead. No violence. People were well behaved. It was quite a trip from my place to get out there, so I'm pretty tired now.

    I'm glad to hear that James feels better! He sounds like such a sweetheart.

    It's wonderful that you heard from Dan! I hope he and his family are doing well. He sounds like a pretty good friend!

    I read Dante's Inferno when I was an undergraduate in college. I found it quite compelling and moving.

    If you don't mind my asking, how is the investigation into the kidnappings?

    Have a good night/day!

    Redkora/Kate (take your pick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news - James is feeling better and you've heard from Dan - fantastic!

    I've gone to lots of protests over the years, but the Tea Party didn't really appeal to me. I wonder if any of these parties occured during W's reign? I think the average person could benefit from a tax cut, but it's the top 5-10% of the income bracket that has raked in the money from the tax cuts made during the past few years.

    While I'm not a huge fan of Obama's stimulus package, it does provide some funding for unemployment, education, transportation, etc. which I think is needed. But I do reject the banking/investment house bailout - which I protested against just the other weekend.

    We called for the return of the Glass-Steagall act which separated commercial and investment banking. It was established in 1933 in the wake of the Great Depression and repealed in the late 1990's.

    We also called for the return of usury laws and a rollback of the credit interest rate - regulations which were lifted in the late 1970's/early 1980's. Pay Day loans, for example, may charge up to 200% interest on a loan.

    Usury was one of Dante's major pet peeves!

    These changes would be a significant benefit to the average person while strengthening the American financial system - unfortunately, Obama prefers to maintain the criminal status quo by relying on former Goldman-Sachs employees and an apparent refusal to implement or reinstate financial regulations.

    Dante didn't trust big businessmen (especially, the Florentine Oligarchy) and neither do I.

    The Florentine poet is a personal favourite. I've read the Comedy many times and some his other works as well.

    Oh, well - enough rabble rousing!

    I'm glad that Easter went well for you - I love peanut butter eggs!

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. These are issues that are the very thing that I find intersting, particularly in my hatred for politicians.

    I am pleased to hear, AC, that you have made your voice known publically. Perhpas I may join you in one of those protests. Hurm, perhaps some of these people could use some finger breaking!

    I admired Dante a lot for what he believed in and what he did. And I'm not surprised he didn't trust businessmen! I don't either!

    Kora, the child that was kidnapped last week had been returned, however, I continue to keep my eye on the cases. There is a pattern in there, I just hope I can find the filthy monsters who are doing this.

    Hurm, noticed that this area is not like New York. Here there are longer distances to get around. Perhaps I should consider getting a car, or at least using one of those Zip cars. Never drove before. Ought to be interesting.

    For now, snacking on peanut butter eggs, Rorschach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you two, if I happen to be in DC while a demonstration is going on, may I join y'all?

    AC, you asked whether or not these Tea Parties would happen under the Bush administration. My contention is no, because people were seduced by the R next to Bush's name. It's the whole "two legs good, four legs bad" thing.

    I can only speak for the particular Tea Party that I attended, but the sense I got was that people were angry at the overstepping of legal bounds by the all politicians. Truth be told, there were plenty of anti-Obama signs; however, the speeches that were given were directed at all politicians who bailed out their buddies in the economic sector while the rest of us crawl on glass to get by.

    The politicians are supposed to work for us. We pay their salary!

    I don't trust the two main parties (I'm a registered Independent). It's almost as if they're just in a fiddling contest while American burns.

    *sigh* Sorry for going off on a rant. I must sound like a lunatic, now. I hope this post didn't come off as too offensive.

    ANYway, I'm glad the kid was returned home safely. Be careful, and good luck when you go after the perverts!

    ReplyDelete