Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rorschach's Journal, April 22nd, 2009

Rorschach's Journal Wednesday April 22nd, 8:16 pm

After a long day of walking in my disguise as doom prophet, I was settling down to read my papers. It had been a rainy gloomy day, not even the afternoon coffee was comforting.

Been thinking about Daniel. Hadn't been back to the library to check email. Been busy with collecting information on how to travel across country. Also busy collecting food and items for self and the cat.

James is getting larger. He's certainly more muscular. I suppose they can't stay kittens for long. I will miss the crazy antics. But he is maturing to be a confident and elegant cat. For now, he continues to enjoy biting my feet. There is nothing quite like being woken up from a dead sleep with fangs in your big toe.

I am reading, in New Frontiersman, about recent murders in Virginia. Man turns gun on self after killing two daughters and wife. The reason, depression.

I frown deeply. I admit, I may not be the model of an average person, but I am confounded that if you have a problem why not turn for help rather than destroy the lives of the innocent? The same with my own mother. Why did she insist on keeping me, when she didn't want me? Was it ownership? The thrill of controlling another life? The idea that perhaps you could handle it but in the end are incapable?

Didn't miss my mother. Did miss HAVING a mother though. A proper one.

For a moment I found myself grinding my teeth and decided to think of something else. Turned to the comic section. Mooch and Earle particularly funny.

Also managed to catch up with local news, especially in regard to the recent gang violence. LuthorGlassjaw” had been released from the hospital, to go home to family. Spotty memory of that night. Perhaps he’d remember just enough to warn others of me. I hoped that. I hoped that perhaps he’ll stay off the streets now. Perhaps not killing him was lucky for him on more than one level.

Was getting late. Sun had set. Time to go out. Unceremoniously dressed, purple suit, dark trench coat, hat, and my true face. The black on white shifted constantly, ever changing patterns.

I lowered myself from my window with the grappling gun and then tucked it in my inner coat breast pocket.

Felt like finding bad parents tonight; give them a little taste of their own medicine.

Out into the rain.

For now, Rorschach

4 comments:

  1. Hey there. It's amazing to see one's pet grow up. It's good to know that James is doing well!

    I agree with you on the depression-as-an-excuse thing. Psychologists only explain, not excuse. At the same time, though, psychological help still has a strong stigma attached to it when it shouldn't. Many people think that they are being weak when they get help, only to find themselves getting worse and hurting others more. It's selfish pride, many times.

    "The idea that perhaps you could handle it but in the end are incapable?" Bingo; at least, I think it's part of it.

    Here's a bit of a confession, though: As much as I try to be understanding, I can't help but cheer when child abusers get their comeuppance.

    Be safe when travelling cross-country. Sometimes the people picking up hitchhikers can be more dangerous than the hitchhikers themselves.

    Take care, and thanks for cleaning up the streets. I think that sometimes the scabs need to be opened up so that innocents don't drown in the accumulated filth of the sex and murder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's terrible how children are always heraled as a society's "future" and yet they receive very little protection or support. And if someone is convicted of child abuse (including murder), their punishment is relatively light, especially, when the perpetrator is a relative of the child.

    As for traveling - have you checked greyhound buses? They might reasonable or perhaps, a train?

    James may be growing, but he'll always be a kitten to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. I don't like to dwell much on child abuse, for obvious reasons, however, it's hard to avoid when it is in the news daily with new cases.

    Redkora, you wrote, "Be safe when travelling cross-country. Sometimes the people picking up hitchhikers can be more dangerous than the hitchhikers themselves. "

    I can't help but find this amusing, actually. I will certainly be fine if someone of less nobler intentions picks me up hitchhiking. I'm actually thinking taking Greyhound might be a good idea. Thank you, AC for bringing that up. But I also have to look at my funds wisely.

    So, I suppose then when I start my journey I can stop by for some snacks?

    For now, Rorschach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you can stop by!

    Sorry to be so naggy. It's hard for me to shut up and stop giving unsolicited advice, heh.

    ReplyDelete