Friday, March 13, 2009

Rorschach's Journal, March 13, 2009

Rorschach’s Journal, 10:57pm. Cold dark streets. Washington DC different than New York. Less crowded, but more dangerous. Walking along alley way behind Art Gallery. National Mall fairly dead at this hour. No one around.

Thoughts wander. James at home, probably scratching one and only chair. Rub scratch mark on wrist. Never had pet before. How can anything be playful, soft, warm and draw blood all at once? I think I like cats.
Shadows dart through bushes, but nothing there on investigation. A light flickers and then is gone.

Michelangelo show starts in two days. Not sure why I am so concerned with degenerate’s paintings. But there is always someone who wants what they can’t have. And I need to be there to stop it.

A wind picks up, but all is quiet. Aimless walking, alone, against a backdrop of lit monuments. A lonely superstitious night.

2 comments:

  1. "James at home, probably scratching one and only chair."

    That is so true. Sounds like the voice of experience already.

    "But there is always someone who wants what they can’t have."

    It's amazing how many great works of art are stolen around the world.

    Being a fan of Mike, (blame it on my flaming liberal nature) I really appreciate your keeping an eye on his creations. Watch yourself on those D.C. streets, they can be deadly.

    ~ Welsh Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welsh Dragon, thank you for your concern. James, so far has been good, though he did scratch my chair. He, amazingly, is affectionate and self cleaning! Though there are times when he's woken me up by trampolining off my chest as he runs around the room for an hour or so at a time. Hurm, I'm still new to all this pet business.

    I shall go to the gallery in a few days to see if the exhibit is open, and perhaps to see some of the others. Admittedly, I have a fondness for DaVinci. Self starter, brilliant, creative, could do anything. I suppose you will tell me he was a homosexual too!

    For now, Rorschach

    ReplyDelete