Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rorschach's Journal, March 25th, 2009

Rorschach’s Journal, 7:10 pm The days are getting longer.

Spent afternoon collecting recyclables from various trash containers. Fetched good money for aluminum. Enough for hot meal at local eatery. Nothing fancy, hamburger. Been feeling thin lately. Can’t fight crime without proper nutrition. Saved some for James.

Picked up New Frontiersman on way back to apartment. Catchy headline about Sandra Whitaker. “Michelangelo Murderer.” Eager to read it.

Home not too far away. Ate last of sugar cubes in pocket. Crunchy goodness. At least the flaming liberals hadn’t outlawed sugar in latest save the planet scheme. Not yet, at least.

Wondered how Shari Whitaker was doing, pulling through I hoped. Not sure why I was so deeply concerned, but she was a veritable innocent in this case. I had remembered back to when I was removed from my Whore Mother’s care and put into a safe house. Too bad no one removed Shari from her bad situation before she had grown up mixed up.

I paused at that for a moment before climbing up the stairs to my room.

Bumped into landlady at the top of the stairs, “Mr K. How’s the kitten coming along?” she questioned.

“Fine, fine. Good cat.” I said succinctly.

“He’s not too wild is he? All those kittens were really wild. Hard to break them of it.” She smiled, “Well be seeing you.” She said as she hauled a bag of garbage downstairs.

Breaking wild things. Breaking their spirits. Like “they” tried to break mine.

I quickly unlocked the door and entered my one room. James sat there, in the middle of the room. He made a welcoming chirping sound as he trotted over to me. I scooped him up and hugged him as he purred. “Not to worry…I’ll never break you.”

Sat in only chair, with cat in lap and perused the paper. Big paper today. Extensive article about conspiracy theories and the government. McCain’s plan to be embalmed in Pepsi, Obama transvestite scandal, Bill O’Reily’s sex scandal. “Hurm, what an embarrassment to conservatives.”

Obituaries. Sandra Whitaker’s funeral was tomorrow. 2pm at St. John’s Church downtown. I set the appointment in my mental calendar. I’d be there to watch the vultures descend, at least, from a distance.

Eureka! Another one of my old journal entries. They’d gotten as far as my visit to tell the Indestructible Man that someone is trying to kill him.

Decided to get some sleep for a few hours before an early morning stroll.

For now, Rorschach

3 comments:

  1. “Spent afternoon collecting recyclables from various trash containers. Fetched good money for aluminum. Enough for hot meal at local eatery. Nothing fancy, hamburger. Been feeling thin lately. Can’t fight crime without proper nutrition. Saved some for James.”

    Seems like the price of aluminum fair in DC. It is pleasing to see that you’re taking care to take care of yourself. It seems as if James has been a good influence on you! ;)

    “Home not too far away. Ate last of sugar cubes in pocket. Crunchy goodness. At least the flaming liberals hadn’t outlawed sugar in latest save the planet scheme. Not yet, at least.”

    I think it will be awhile before sugar itself is banned. It seems that it is used in too many products to be cost effective to ban it. With the “obesity epidemic” fears going on, though, I don’t know.

    “Wondered how Shari Whitaker was doing, pulling through I hoped. Not sure why I was so deeply concerned, but she was a veritable innocent in this case. I had remembered back to when I was removed from my Whore Mother’s care and put into a safe house. Too bad no one removed Shari from her bad situation before she had grown up mixed up.”

    As AC and I have said, all you can do is hope (and pray, if you do) for the best. I was thinking that maybe you could go visit her in the hospital or leave something for her (a note or a wildflower--it's the thought that counts), but that might blow your cover.

    She sounds like a trooper, though. She’ll probably be alright, whatever happens. She just needs some guidance and some self-confidence.

    “Breaking wild things. Breaking their spirits. Like ‘they’ tried to break mine.

    I quickly unlocked the door and entered my one room. James sat there, in the middle of the room. He made a welcoming chirping sound as he trotted over to me. I scooped him up and hugged him as he purred. ‘Not to worry…I’ll never break you.’”

    I can’t help but “awww” at that. Seriously, though, it can be frustrating how society tries to break people’s spirits in telling them what to think, eat, feel, whatever. As long as people aren’t hurting one another, then shouldn’t they just be left alone? Of course, I'm for harm in self-defense or in defending someone for whom I care.

    “Sat in only chair, with cat in lap and perused the paper. Big paper today. Extensive article about conspiracy theories and the government. McCain’s plan to be embalmed in Pepsi, Obama transvestite scandal, Bill O’Reily’s sex scandal. ‘Hurm, what an embarrassment to conservatives.’”

    Hilarious. Didn't O'Reily get into trouble about soliciting a young woman a few years ago? Sheesh.

    Anyway, how does one embalm a body in Pepsi? Hurm…

    “Obituaries. Sandra Whitaker’s funeral was tomorrow. 2pm at St. John’s Church downtown. I set the appointment in my mental calendar. I’d be there to watch the vultures descend, at least, from a distance.”

    As AC and I have said time and again, be careful, especially if Shari or anyone you have seen in connection with this mess there. They’re apt to recognize your Walter Kovacs costume and make some connections. Then again, I’ve been told that I’m obsessive-compulsive.

    “Eureka! Another one of my old journal entries. They’d gotten as far as my visit to tell the Indestructible Man that someone is trying to kill him.”

    Neat! It will be interesting to see how current events turn as more of these entries come out. Hopefully there are enough people to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >McCain’s plan to be embalmed in Pepsi<

    I guess that makes me a loyal coke drinker. Now I'm feeling nostalgic for the World Weekly News. And on that subject, with all the newspapers going out busy lately, I hope that the New Frontiersmen isn't threatened.

    Safekeeping at the funeral and please give James a hug for me. My cat Pyewacket is curled up in my lap as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. I have heard some papers going out of business, however, I do believe that New Frontiersman is well funded by wealthy conservatives, so I doubt that it will fold. Fold, as in go out of business.

    RedKora, I wouldn't say you are obsessive compulsive, but more careful, like me! I know what you mean about being careful, however. I will be, I assure you.

    I am not sure how one can be embalmed in Pepsi, but as I understand it that kind of stuff is so toxic it can clean the bottom of copper pots. I wouldn't have any doubt one can be embalmed in it. McCain must really love Pepsi.

    For now, Rorschach

    ReplyDelete