Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rorschach's Journal, March 14th, 2009

Rorschach’s Journal, 11:39pm. Continuing to patrol street alley behind National Gallery of Art. Cold and rainy night. Trench coat fends off the chill. Managed to visit old enemy, “Sledge” today. No matter how much they say they reform, they never will. He retired away from NY but ended up in this place. Still, managed to obtain one can of baked beans, and one can of creamed corn.

Full now.

Must report his poker winnings to the IRS.

The night is lonely except for a scuffle in the alleyway. Voices heard arguing.

“I told you! Tomorrow.”

“I have no time for tomorrows, you do this tonight or no money!”

“Oh no you don’t mother F**ker.”

Bad language and a scuffle. I leaped out from a dumpster to find the two running off.

On the asphalt a glint in the dim street light. I pick it up. A diamond ring. Mind flashed back to a few days before. Man in crisp suit. Blond hair, diamond ring. Inscription on the ring. J.S. Riley.

Hurm

4 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself out there. D.C. seems more dangerous than New York, especially with the political game going on there.

    Not even the so-called "conservative" politicians seem as such anymore, if they ever were. Politicians are politicians, pure and simple.

    I live nowhere close to DC, but if I did, you'd be free to raid my pantry if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your concern, Redkora. You are right in that the politicians cannot be trusted any longer. Not like in the old days.

    And I appreciate your offer of the use of your pantry. I can safely say that if I indeed travel across country to visit Dan Dreiberg I will have established a network of pantries to visit. Hopefully you will have beans and sugar cubes in good supply!

    For now, Rorschach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt politicians were trustworthy even in the old days. Maybe I'm just in a cynical mood right now.

    I can't imagine why you'd need to go west, but I'm sure some cities in the southwest, such as Houston, Dallas, etc. have their share of gutterats that could use a good flushing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Redkora, I don't really WANT to go out west, just a visit. Since Dan Dreiberg went to California and had kids he can't seem to be available much anymore.

    I do hope he's raising those kids with morals! What with being a single dad and all.

    About Politicians, you're probably right. I just hope that my father set some people right in Washington in those days.

    ReplyDelete