Friday, March 27, 2009

Rorschach's Journal march 27th, 2009

Rorschach’s Journal, 3:22 pm

Had a bout with James today. He wanted to go out with me. Better not. I suppose he gets lonely when I’m out all day and out all night. Perhaps I ought to get a leash for him and take him out during the day.

Found discarded coffee gift card on street. Went to usual coffee shop, “Average Joe’s”. Turns out, $18 left on card. Had a moment of conscience, but just a moment and then bought myself a coffee. No regrets using card, it had apparently been on the street for a number of days, being run over and kicked about.

Watched television at Average Joe’s. Miss Dorian walked in again today, looking tired. Must have gotten off work. She was always so infernally cheerful at the Library; it was so different to see her this way. As she turned she caught sight of me. The smile broadened.

“Mr. K! I didn’t know you were a coffee fan!” She said as she wandered over, to-go cup in hand.

“My one addiction.” I said as I sat back, “That and comfortable chairs.” I paused, “Catching up on the news.” I pointed at the Television.

“I’ve just gotten off work.” She sat down in chair next to me. Felt a little out of place, but I managed.

“Me too.” I said and patted the sign propped up against my chair.

She laughed. “I always stop for coffee after work. My favorite drink. I went on a trip to Rome a year ago and got hooked on the stuff then. Though when I’m here I always drink it sweet with a lot of cream.”

“Rome, very nice.” I said, “Never been there, would be nice though. “ I paused, “Cream, lots of sugar.” I raised my cup.

Miss Dorian smiled as the television caught her eye. “Looks like that girl is out of critical condition.” She said, “I’d been following the Michelangelo Murders, can you believe what happened?” She shook her head, “I’d heard that that murderer woman was totally hopped up on drugs and alcohol. She must have been a very sad person. I wonder what her reason was for that?”

“Not sure, maybe someone bad in her life.” I thought back to the man at the funeral.

“Could be. I don’t know. People they interviewed though all said she was a bit of a jerk. ” Dorian looked at her watch, “I have to be getting home, come by the library sometime and visit!” She smiled.

“Will do.” I said as she got up, went to the coffee station, poured out some of her coffee and poured in quite a lot of cream.

Shari is out of critical. I sat there a moment, finishing my own coffee. I wondered if she knew, if anyone had told her anything. Then again, how could they, no one was there, but me. Rorschach couldn’t go to tell her, too many witnesses, however, Walter might be able to get in. Still couldn’t tell her firsthand account. I twirled the ring around my finger. I’d grown accustomed to wearing it. Tomorrow, I shall go visit Shari. Wonder if she’d remember me.

For now, Rorschach

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Shari's condition is improving. I can't imagine that she would forget you. It won't be easy to tell Shari what happened but I think that your obvious concern for her will help you to find the right words.

    If you don't mind me asking, on which finger are wearing the ring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be going to visit Shari very soon. I suspect she might know some. She did recognize that her mother shot her as she fell to the floor. It will be very difficult telling her without contempt for her mother. I'm not good at consoling, so I hope it turns out well.

    As for the ring, I haven't given it much thought on what finger I wear it. It's been on my left ring finger. It's the only finger it fits! The marriage finger. Hurm.

    For now, Rorschach

    ReplyDelete
  3. As AC said, I'll think you'll do fine with Shari. You have genuine care for her, and that's saying a lot given how most other people might act.

    Also, forgive me for being late on the comments lately. Most of my mental processing resources have been consumed by graduate school work resuming. I still read your journal every day, though!

    ReplyDelete